Who doesn’t love a strawberry cheesecake? You don’t have to be a baker. I am for sure not one but I gave it a go. Here is the recipe I followed to make this scrumptious cake. It is extremely simple to make and definitely worth trying out.
For the base:
250g digestive biscuits
100g melted butter
4-5 drops of vanilla extract
600g full fat soft cheese
100g icing sugar
300g pot of double cream
For the topping:
25g icing sugar
- Start by lining the baking tin and covering it in butter.
- Put the digestive biscuits into a plastic food bag and crush into crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for around 1 minute.
- Place the crumbs in a bowl and pour the melted butter on top.
- Mix throughly until all crumbs are covered in butter.
- Tip into a baking tin and press the crumbs firmly until an even layer is formed.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Place the full fat soft cheese, icing sugar and 4-5 drops of vanilla extract into a bowl.
- Then mix everything with an electric mixer.
- Once the base has been in the fridge for an hour take it out and begin to cover the base with the cream mixture.
- Smoothen the mixture by using the back of a spoon forming an even layer on top of the base.
- Leave to set in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once taken out of the freezer, remove it from the baking tin.
- Next place half of the strawberries in a bowl and add icing sugar and 1 tsp of water.
- Blend the strawberries using a blender and pour into a sieve to produce the purée.
- Cut the rest of the strawberries in half and place on top of the cake.
- Then pour the purée on top of the strawberries.
- And finally enjoy eating your strawberry cheesecake! 🙂